Remote, Clinical Social Worker - Contracted
- Anticipated Start Date: Dec 11 2023
- Contract: 1099
- Hour Expectations: Minimum 20 hours a week
- Compensation: $36/hr
- 100% Remote: must have consistent access to clean, quiet workspace; solid internet connection; proficient technical experience (basic computer skills)
Perry Health is on a mission to rethink chronic care delivery through a purely-remote, continuous care model. This remote-first approach allows us to extend high-quality specialist care to all patients, regardless of geography or other care disparities. Although we plan on making Perry available to every patient with a chronic illness, we're starting with a focus on Medicare patients living with diabetes. Perry's remote care fills the necessary gap between physician appointments for our patients.
We equip our patients with cellular-connected devices (glucometers, blood pressure cuffs, etc.) that transmit data passively upon use, allowing even the most tech naive patient to participate. This real-time data flows to Perry's team of clinicians (physicians, nurses, dietitians), who monitor trends in the data and deliver proactive care over the phone. We've built a proprietary continuous-care Electronic Health Record (EHR), which can ingest these data pipelines and build elegant workflows on top of them for our clinical staff. Facing a chronic disease alone is overwhelming and isolating, and we aim to alleviate that emotional burden by providing care to our members 24/7.
Our high-touch approach to chronic care management creates tangible outcomes for our members and thousands of dollars in savings to the system by preventing hospitalizations, and we're just getting started.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for an ambitious, agile Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) to join our ever-growing Clinical organization. As the first to assume the role, you will evolve quickly with the organization and shape what Clinical Social Working looks like here at Perry.
Many of our members have limited access to the support they need: be it healthcare access, financial barriers or limited-to-no social support system. This role will originally help support our existing care team in typical social work support; namely,
- Finding local physical providers for members who have lost touch/access with theirs
- Ensuring members can find affordable nutrition
- Finding discounts on critical medications
- Ensuring members have access to the transportation needed
The goal here is to develop best practices and tools to support these efforts by a team of social workers. Once solidified, we are looking for this role to do the same for addressing the mental health of our members. Whether they’re experiencing grief, depression or the like, this role will help us define our program for arming both our internal team and our members with the tools needed to drive meaningful outcomes.
As our practice supports those living in 24 states (and counting!), the ideal candidate is ready and eager to roll up their sleeves and learn about localized resources all over the country and, most importantly, provide empathetic, genuine care for our members.
- Provide telephone-based care to patients in Perry Health’s RPM program
- Serve as the first Clinical Social Worker at the practice, providing an opportunity to help craft an innovative standard of care
- Stand up our Social Work practice through building resources and protocols to support our wider care team
- Support the development of our Mental Health program
- Education: Master of Social Work (MSW) degree accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Active and clear license to practice in TX, GA or NY required
- Minimum 5+ years experience managing polychronic patients, preferably Seniors
- Knowledge of behavioral techniques and therapies
- Impeccable, empathetic communication and the ability to manage varying interpersonal dynamics are non-negotiables
- Experience with case management and an innate drive to problem-solve will serve you well
ABOUT OUR TEAM
Perry Health launched in August of 2021 and has been supported by investors such as Primary Ventures, General Catalyst and Box Group. Our team has helped build businesses at the intersection of technology, consumer, healthcare and retail including Vroom, K Health, Gilt, ShopKeep, SoulCycle, and more. Our team is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives to deliver real outcomes to our members.
Our patients are our purpose: We understand that the decisions we make have an impact on our patients’ health. We are a healthcare company above all else. The choices we make are always in the best interest of our patients.
Bring your best self: The authenticity of our team drives our innovation. We show up for each other and our patients every day. Your teammates will count on you for motivation and support, and you should expect the same in return. Conversely, recognize when you are not at your best so you can seek support and take time to recharge.
Own your ideas and your results: Each member of the team contributes to the growth of Perry. Identify problems, seek solutions that maximize impact. Ownership is key; seek out support from team members, and take accountability for the results of your efforts.
Move fast, but with purpose: Consistent, rapid growth is expected. Set goals, work with purpose, assess, reassess, and pivot when necessary. Perfection should not impede progress. Ego should not prevent reevaluation. Each day will provide opportunities for learning and growth and will move us closer to our goals.
Good ideas come from anywhere: Ideas, good and bad, come from every level of the organization. Employees at all levels are empowered to share their ideas and feedback. The whole of Perry is greater than the sum of its parts. All ideas are considered, and when a decision is made we will move forward together.
Perry Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all team members. We are building an environment where every Perry Health team member can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do the best work of their careers. We value diversity and recruit, hire, and promote individuals solely based on talent, qualifications, competence, and merit. We evaluate candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristics as required by law and as a matter of our company values.