About Small Door
Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that is better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. We designed and delivered a reimagined veterinary experience via a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing - delivered with modern hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. We opened our flagship location in Manhattan's West Village in 2020, followed by multiple practices in the city and Brooklyn. Small Door continues to scale in 2022 by opening additional NYC locations and in markets across the northeast including Boston and Washington DC.
This is the fifth company that Small Door’s founders have been involved in building. In building Small Door, they partnered with the people responsible for beloved consumer experiences like Warby Parker and Sweetgreen, in addition to healthcare innovators such as One Medical, CityMD and Flatiron Health. Small Door has raised $40 million from Lerer Hippeau, Primary Ventures, Brand Foundry, Toba Capital, and Pentland Group. The broader management team brings experience from JustWorks, Casper, One Medical, Soulcycle, Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, The Wing, Gilt Groupe, Lightspeed, and Outbrain.
Our Per-Diem or Relief Veterinarian will support our team by filling in on a regular basis.
What you'll do
- Oversee the implementation of clinical protocols to achieve a high standard of excellence;
- Ensure that medicine is delivered in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations;
- Deliver a superior overall medical experience to our members by going the extra mile in all communications.
Who you are
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from a leading university with 3+ years work experience in the field and completion of a post-grad internship training program;
- Professional approach and appearance, excellent interpersonal and speaking skills, and a positive, can-do attitude;
- Availability to work weekends (Saturday or Sunday)
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the code of ethics.
- Thrives in team-oriented environments;
- Has a ‘glass half full’ attitude and a sense of humor!
What you'll get
- Competitive rate;
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back;
- A clear career path with opportunities for growth and development, both personally and professionally.
Come join Small Door!
Small Door is proudly a public benefit corporation and a certified B Corp. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We strive to build a culture where employees can be their fullest selves and their individual contributions are valued.
Folx who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or are underrepresented in the industry are encouraged to apply.
Small Door requires all employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability and/or religious beliefs on an individualized basis.