About Small Door
Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that is better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. We designed and delivered a reimagined veterinary experience via a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing - delivered with modern hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. We opened our flagship location in Manhattan's West Village in 2020, followed by multiple practices in the city and Brooklyn. Small Door continues to scale in 2022 by opening additional NYC locations and in markets across the northeast including Boston and Washington DC.
This is the fifth company that Small Door’s founders have been involved in building. In building Small Door, they partnered with the people responsible for beloved consumer experiences like Warby Parker and Sweetgreen, in addition to healthcare innovators such as One Medical, CityMD and Flatiron Health. Small Door has raised $40 million from Lerer Hippeau, Primary Ventures, Brand Foundry, Toba Capital, and Pentland Group. The broader management team brings experience from JustWorks, Casper, One Medical, Soulcycle, Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, The Wing, Gilt Groupe, Lightspeed, and Outbrain.
What you'll do
- Process end-to-end payroll for our US and Canadian teams, including calculation and payment of bonuses and commissions
- Lead the implementation of a new payroll and benefits admin system as we prepare for a PEO transition
- Build internal payroll processes for scale, including streamlining timekeeping process for a large non-exempt workforce
- Serve as the main point of contact and subject matter expert for payroll and benefits both for our internal team and with the company's external partners (benefits brokers, carriers, PEO, etc.)
- Own benefits administration, including 401(k), and our company’s annual open enrollment processes
- Develop and manage regular payroll audits: timecards, benefit deductions, etc.
- Prepare and complete information for annual audits, required reporting, and tax filings
- Take a people-first approach to resolving employee payroll and benefits questions and concerns
Who you are
- Strong experience running multi-state and international payroll in a complex business with both exempt and nonexempt employees and multiple entities
- Knowledgeable about state and federal regulations concerning all aspects of exempt and non-exempt payroll and benefits (vacation, overtime pay, retirement plans, health benefits eligibility, etc.)
- Experience with PEO transitions and payroll system implementation
- Experience managing payroll and timekeeping processes with a non-exempt employee population
- A critical thinker, who has worked in a fast-paced startup environment
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail
What you'll get
- Competitive salary, $75,000-$90,000
- Equity ownership
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- 401K (plus 4% company match)
- Upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Generous paid-time off, parental leave, and company wide holidays
- CitiBike membership, HealthAdvocate membership, One Medical membership, WageWorks commuter benefits, subsidized Class Pass membership
- Discounted veterinary care for your loved ones
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you
- A collaborative group of people who live our core values and have your back
Come join Small Door!
Small Door is proudly a public benefit corporation and a certified B Corp. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We strive to build a culture where employees can be their fullest selves and their individual contributions are valued.
Folx who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or are underrepresented in the industry are encouraged to apply.
Small Door requires all employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability and/or religious beliefs on an individualized basis.