VP, Talent Acquisition
Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that is better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. We designed and delivered a reimagined veterinary experience via a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing - delivered with modern hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. We opened our flagship location in Manhattan's West Village in 2020, followed by multiple practices in the city and Brooklyn. Small Door continues to scale in 2023 by opening additional NYC locations and in markets across the northeast including Boston and Washington DC.
This is the fifth company that Small Door’s founders have been involved in building. In building Small Door, they partnered with the people responsible for beloved consumer experiences like Warby Parker and Sweetgreen, in addition to healthcare innovators such as One Medical, CityMD and Flatiron Health. Small Door has raised $40 million from Lerer Hippeau, Primary Ventures, Brand Foundry, Toba Capital, and Pentland Group. The broader management team brings experience from JustWorks, Casper, One Medical, Soulcycle, Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, The Wing, Gilt Groupe, Lightspeed, and Outbrain.
We are looking for an experienced VP, Talent Acquisition to join our growing team. In this role you will be responsible for leading and managing our recruiting team and establishing robust talent acquisition strategies. You will play a pivotal role in attracting and selecting exceptional veterinary professionals to support our growth as well as expand our HQ team. Leveraging your extensive experience in recruiting, you will drive the development and execution of effective recruitment initiatives and processes across our organization.
Our VP, Talent Acquisition will be based in NYC and work a hybrid schedule (3 days in our NoMad office).
What you’ll do
- Lead and manage the talent acquisition team, providing guidance, mentorship, and performance feedback to ensure individual and team success
- Develop and implement a comprehensive talent acquisition strategy aligned with the company's growth objectives and values, and DEIB-first culture alignment
- Collaborate closely with senior leadership to understand current and future talent needs to establish proactive recruitment plans and support organizational planning
- Drive process efficiency , including sourcing, screening, interviewing, selection, and onboarding of candidates
- Develop and nurture relationships with external partners, including recruitment agencies and educational institutions, to facilitate talent pipelines
- Drive employer branding initiatives to enhance our reputation as a desired startup to work at in all our current and future markets through social media platforms and beyond
- Implement and utilize data-driven metrics and reporting to assess the effectiveness of recruitment strategies and optimize processes
- Partner closely with People Operations to ensure we can attract, develop and retain great talent
- Oversee and implement department budget
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in talent acquisition and proactively share insights and recommendations with the leadership team
Who you are
- 10+ years of progressive experience in talent acquisition, with a focus on recruiting high-quality candidates, in a high-growth D2C business
- Experience in recruiting doctors, or some sort of healthcare professionals
- Experience building and scaling a talent acquisition function in a high growth environment
- Deep understanding of various recruitment methodologies, tools, and techniques, including direct sourcing, passive candidate engagement, and employer branding
- Strong knowledge of applicant tracking systems (ATS) and other relevant talent platforms. Experience with Greenhouse and Gem is a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Results-driven mindset with the ability to analyze data, measure success, and continuously improve recruitment outcomes
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop and execute long-term talent acquisition plans that align with business objectives, while implementing scalable and repeatable talent processes
- A passion for the veterinary industry and Small Door’s mission
What you'll get
- Competitive salary
- Equity ownership
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- 401K (plus 4% company match)
- Upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Generous paid-time off, parental leave, and company wide holidays
- CitiBike membership, HealthAdvocate membership, One Medical membership, WageWorks commuter benefits, subsidized Class Pass membership
- Discounted veterinary care for your loved ones
- Growth opportunities
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you
- A collaborative group of people who live our core values and have your back
Come join Small Door!
Small Door is proudly a public benefit corporation and a certified B Corp. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We strive to build a culture where employees can be their fullest selves and their individual contributions are valued.
Folx who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or are underrepresented in the industry are encouraged to apply.