Small Door is membership-based veterinary care designed with human standards that is better for pets, pet parents, and veterinarians alike. We designed and delivered a reimagined veterinary experience via a membership that includes exceptional care, 24/7 telemedicine, and transparent pricing - delivered with modern hospitality in spaces designed by animal experts to be stress-free. We opened our flagship location in Manhattan's West Village in 2020, followed by multiple practices in the city and Brooklyn. Small Door continues to scale in 2023 by opening additional NYC locations and in markets across the northeast including Boston and Washington DC.
This is the fifth company that Small Door’s founders have been involved in building. In building Small Door, they partnered with the people responsible for beloved consumer experiences like Warby Parker and Sweetgreen, in addition to healthcare innovators such as One Medical, CityMD and Flatiron Health. Small Door has raised $40 million from Lerer Hippeau, Primary Ventures, Brand Foundry, Toba Capital, and Pentland Group. The broader management team brings experience from JustWorks, Casper, One Medical, Soulcycle, Warby Parker, Sweetgreen, The Wing, Gilt Groupe, Lightspeed, and Outbrain.
What you’ll do
- Own and execute end-to-end recruitment process for our clinical roles
- Responsible for sourcing, outreach, interviews, scheduling, and candidate management
- Establish and maintain efficient feedback loops with all internal stakeholders in Small Door's clinical recruitment process
- Prioritize and develop strong relationships with hiring managers
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and timely follow ups to ensure a high touch, positive candidate experience
- Build pipeline of talent to support staffing for Small Door's future openings, and work to nurture relationships and engage potential future candidates
- Actively support with candidates' transition from offer to onboarding and training
- Bring and/or quickly build up market intelligence on veterinary recruitment best practices and methods
- Think creatively about sourcing and outreach; leverage understanding of market to implement tools and build relationships with universities and key organizations that will drive top veterinary talent to Small Door for years to come
- Initiate and own team initiatives to the build TA operational processes
Who you are
- Experience in healthcare recruiting, focusing on a high touch candidate experience (5+ years)
- Preference for this role to be NYC based or on the East Coast
- Proven success in a start up and/or fast paced environment, with strengths in adaptability and prioritization
- Depth of knowledge in recruiting best practices, especially related to hiring medical professionals
- Experience partnering with and supporting hiring managers across multiple locations (and who have shifting/non-traditional schedules)
- Work quickly and efficiently, but always with transparency and attention to detail
- Lead with positivity and demonstrate high EQ
- Excellent communication skills, including when speaking about and/or interviewing for clinical competencies and skills
- Self-driven and excited by the opportunity to take the lead on a key driver of Small Door's growth
- Experience with Greenhouse and Gem is preferred
What you'll get
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus
- Equity ownership
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- 401K (plus 4% company match)
- Upward mobility and growth opportunities
- Generous paid-time off, parental leave, and company wide holidays
- CitiBike membership, HealthAdvocate membership, One Medical membership, WageWorks commuter benefits, subsidized Class Pass membership
- Discounted veterinary care for your loved ones
- Growth opportunities
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you
- A collaborative team of people who live our core values and have your back
Come join Small Door!
Small Door is proudly a public benefit corporation and a certified B Corp. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We strive to build a culture where employees can be their fullest selves and their individual contributions are valued.
Folx who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or are underrepresented in the industry are encouraged to apply.