Staff Data Analyst
About Stellar Health:
Historically, US Healthcare has relied on a fee-for-service reimbursement system where providers are paid based on the quantity of patient visits and procedures, rather than the quality of health outcomes.
At Stellar Health, we help primary care providers put patient health first. Our platform - a mix of technology, people, and analytics - supports providers at the point of care, delivering real-time patient information, activating practice staff, and empowering providers and care teams with incentives that reward the work they are already doing to keep patients healthy. Using the Stellar App, our web-based, point-of-care tool; practices receive a simple checklist of recommended actions that support the best quality care. Providers and care teams are then paid monthly for each action they complete, and Payors save money in reduced healthcare costs along the way.
Stellar is a US-based Health-tech backed by Top VCs (General Atlantic, Point72, & Primary Venture Partners) with an established product & proven operating model. We’ve shown that we make a real difference for physician practices and their patients.
About the position:
The BI Team is at the center of Stellar Health’s analytics practice and has an oversized influence on the growth and success of the business. The BI Team is looking for a new member of the team to lead analytics innovation and accelerate performance for all teams, primarily focused on Product and Customer Success. The successful candidate will help scale Stellar as a whole, work with a modern data technology stack, work with healthcare Big Data, and have the opportunity to advance the quality of healthcare in the United States.
As Staff Data Analyst you should have:
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Analytics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Applied Math, or equivalent
- 8+ Years Data Visualization & Data Storytelling
- 8+ Years of Expert SQL including various join types, CTEs, partitioning, pivoting, and aggregates
- 4+ Years designing and implementing “C-Suite” level KPIs to drive business strategy
- 2+ Years developing product experiments, running A/B tests, designing control/sample approach
- 4+ Years Tableau Data Visualization
- 2+ Years experience in applied statistics (e.g. hypothesis testing, regressions, predictive modelings) or experimentation (e.g. A/B testing) in an industry setting
- Understands ETL, data warehousing & Business Intelligence concepts
- Deep experience as an Analyst in one of the following industries: Enterprise Software, SaaS, or Gaming/Monetization, Healthtech or Medtech industries
- Experience working with at least 2 of the following business domains: Marketing, Customer Success, Product, Sales
- Logical, analytical thinker with business acumen
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Nice To Have:
- Data Quality
- Salesforce, Gainsight
What you’ll do:
- Deliver strategic impact through analytics
- Partner with product managers to create hypotheses, define quantitative goals, and design experiments for roadmap projects
- Conduct exploratory data analysis to discover patterns and insights to inform future strategy
- Summarize and evangelize your findings across the company from the tech teams to the go-to-market teams to leadership
- Define and implement new KPIs
- Define and implement new scoring mechanisms to measure Customer Health, growing into predictive Health Scores
- Analyze Stellar’s unique SVU award system to define better allocation algorithms, driving increased user adoption
- Keep documentation up-to-date in Notion, Docs, and other knowledge bases
- Keep the team and others up-to-date on plans and progress with Asana and related status meters
- Develop code that establishes the benchmark for best practices in a high-scale data environment
- Work with team members to review and approve code and other software artifacts
Who will love this job:
Do you love working on hard Analytics projects across a range of business areas? Do you have experience delivering “game changing” impact through Analytics? Do you love being an Individual Contributor? Do you want to make an impact in the healthcare space through Analytics? If so, this may be the job for you.
BI & Analytics at Stellar Health is expanding rapidly and gaining momentum as a go-to team at Stellar to help teams define Analytics Frameworks, KPIs, and in general, make better and smarter decisions with data. The BI Team has just broken ground on development of a new technology platform called ‘Stellar Insights’ and needs an experienced senior leader in the Analytics space to help us grow even faster. We’re looking for someone who loves being an Individual Contributor and wants to make an impact through their own work and as an Analytics leader for years to come. The next step for a Staff Data Analyst is into a Principal Data Analyst role.
At Stellar, we believe in transparency and we do our best to make sure the company and our candidates are on the same page as it relates to compensation. In addition to posting salary ranges for our open roles, candidates should expect to be asked about compensation expectations and requirements early on in their interview process. Our goal is to highlight when expectations and Stellar's salary range may be out of sync, and work with the candidate to determine whether it makes sense to continue conversations.
Where a new hire falls within this range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Stellar's bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Stellar rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
- The base salary range for a Staff Data Analyst is $140,000-$180,000 and will be eligible for equity and an annual performance based bonus.
Perks & Benefits:
Stellar offers a carefully curated selection of wellness benefits and perks to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Unlimited PTO (and ask our recruiting team about the ways we make sure employees are actually taking PTO)
- Universal Paid Family Leave, with up to 21 weeks of fully paid leave available to new parents and caregivers
- Company sponsored One Medical memberships and Citibike memberships
- Medical Travel Benefits
- A monthly wellness stipend that gives employees the freedom to choose where they spend their cash, whether it be on wellness, pet care, childcare, WFH items, or charitable donations
- Stock Options & a 401k matching program
- Career development opportunities like Manager Training, coaching, and an internal mobility program
- A broad calendar of company sponsored social events that for our in-office and remote employees
Diversity is the key to our success. Stellar Health is an equal opportunity employer and we are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We believe that diverse teams -and the different identities, cultures, and life experiences our team members bring to the table- enable us to create amazing products, find creative solutions to interesting problems, and build an inclusive working environment.