VP, Total Cost of Care Programs
About Stellar Health:
Historically, US Healthcare has relied on a fee-for-service reimbursement system where providers are paid based on the quantity of patient visits and procedures, rather than the quality of health outcomes.
At Stellar Health, we help primary care providers put patient health first. Our platform - a mix of technology, people, and analytics - supports providers at the point of care, delivering real-time patient information, activating practice staff, and empowering providers and care teams with incentives that reward the work they are already doing to keep patients healthy. Using the Stellar App, our web-based, point-of-care tool; practices receive a simple checklist of recommended actions that support the best quality care. Providers and care teams are then paid monthly for each action they complete, and Payors save money in reduced healthcare costs along the way.
Stellar is a US-based Health-tech backed by Top VCs (General Atlantic, Point72, & Primary Venture Partners) with an established product & proven operating model. We’ve shown that we make a real difference for physician practices and their patients.
About the position:
Stellar Health is looking for a VP, Total Cost of Care Programs to join our Team. This person will work closely with Stellar’s Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operations Officer and overall Operations, Analytics and Strategic Finance teams.
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of Stellar Health programs focused on improving Population Health Outcomes through reducing total cost of care and driving performance in value-based risk contracts. This position will be tasked with implementing and improving operational strategies to optimize care coordination, fostering collaboration and communication among key healthcare stakeholders, achieving financial and quality targets set by CMS and payors. This role requires a strong understanding of value-based care models, healthcare operations, physician engagement and regulatory requirements.
What you’ll do:
Operational Strategy and Program Leadership
- Develop overall Stellar Health program strategy for performance on total cost of care programs
- Develop and implement operational strategies to optimize care coordination, population health management, and cost effectiveness within total cost of care programs
- Lead cross-functional team across sales, strategic operations, provider engagement, product, analytics and finance to support program definition, delivery and execution
- Evolve the overall Stellar Health payment model to align micro-incentives on value-based actions to longitudinal total cost of care outcome
- Stay up to date on industry trends, market dynamics and legislation around CMMI/CMS programs and other strategic opportunities to enhance and maximize value-based care delivery
- Develop and execute strategies to optimize revenue generation, manage contracts, and negotiate agreements with payors and providers
- Define KPIs and metrics for assessing performance at individual physician, practice and network levels
- Develop data and analytics infrastructure to enable dynamic and customizable performance reporting
- Implement quality improvement initiatives to enhance patient outcomes and achieve key performance measures
- Define contractual goals, project and monitor performance to target
- Monitor and analyze financial performance metrics to maximize shared savings opportunities and mitigate financial risks
As VP, Total Cost of Care Programs you should have:
- 10+ years of experience in healthcare, with at least 5+ years experience working in value-based care
- Work experience in managing Commercial or Medicare ACO population health programs, or similar managed care initiatives
- In-depth knowledge of value-based care models, care delivery operations, physician engagement and healthcare regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of financial management, performance metrics, and risk mitigation strategies in the healthcare industry
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to foster collaboration, influence stakeholders, and drive change within a complex healthcare environment
- Proficiency in utilizing healthcare analytics and performance management tools
- Strong communication, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Effective under pressure & able to prioritize responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, graduate degree (MBA, MHA, MPH, MSc) preferred
Who will love this job:
- Self-starters who thrive in developing environments and desire ownership and accountability
- Analytical thinkers who can translate broad data sets and goals into specific actionable insights and activities
- Problem solvers who are unafraid to voice opinions in pursuit of finding a better way to do things
- Mission driven individuals and want to make an impact by promoting value-based care payments to key stakeholders and optimizing patient health outcomes
- You thrive on executing clearly defined goals and are competitive in achieving them
The salary range for this role is $230,000 - $260,000 and will be eligible for a performance based bonus. Where a new hire falls within this range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Stellar's bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Stellar rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
Stellar reserves the right to change our compensation bands at any time.
Perks & Benefits:
Stellar offers a carefully curated selection of wellness benefits and perks to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Unlimited PTO (and ask our recruiting team about the ways we make sure employees are actually taking PTO)
- Universal Paid Family Leave, with up to 21 weeks of fully paid leave available to new parents and caregivers
- Company sponsored One Medical memberships and Citibike memberships
- Medical Travel Benefits
- A monthly wellness stipend that gives employees the freedom to choose where they spend their cash, whether it be on wellness, pet care, childcare, WFH items, or charitable donations
- Stock Options & a 401k matching program
- Career development opportunities like Manager Training, coaching, and an internal mobility program
- A broad calendar of company sponsored social events that for our in-office and remote employees
Diversity is the key to our success. Stellar Health is an equal opportunity employer and we are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We believe that diverse teams -and the different identities, cultures, and life experiences our team members bring to the table- enable us to create amazing products, find creative solutions to interesting problems, and build an inclusive working environment.