Senior Software Engineer - Actions & Workflows
About Stellar Health:
Historically, US Healthcare has relied on a fee-for-service reimbursement system where providers are paid based on the quantity of patient visits and procedures, rather than the quality of health outcomes.
At Stellar Health, we help primary care providers put patient health first. Our platform - a mix of technology, people, and analytics - supports providers at the point of care, delivering real-time patient information, activating practice staff, and empowering providers and care teams with incentives that reward the work they are already doing to keep patients healthy. Using the Stellar App, our web-based, point-of-care tool; practices receive a simple checklist of recommended actions that support the best quality care. Providers and care teams are then paid monthly for each action they complete, and Payors save money in reduced healthcare costs along the way.
Stellar is a US-based Health-tech backed by Top VCs (General Atlantic, Point72, & Primary Venture Partners) with an established product & proven operating model. We’ve shown that we make a real difference for physician practices and their patients.
About the position:
Actions & Workflows are core to Stellar’s business model. This team helps clinicians focus on the most impactful interventions for their patients, and does so in a way that incentivizes the care team for incremental progress towards closing patient care gaps each month rather than having to wait multiple months or an entire year to get rewarded.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Actions & Workflows Team, you’ll be responsible for the services and infrastructure that translate partner-supplied health data into clinically appropriate patient care recommendations, and present these recommended interventions in simple, intuitive workflows that our users find enjoyable to use. As a member of one of our Application Platform teams, you will also have the unique opportunity to be deeply involved in shaping and building services and frameworks that enable Stellar to rapidly build new capabilities for our end users.
Our team offers an experienced and mature engineering culture, product development best practices, and an environment where every single engineer has a direct impact on the success of our business.
What you’ll do:
- Work on systems that generate new patient recommendations based on their health claims data, and build intuitive workflows that help clinicians focus on high impact interventions
- Scale up our platform in both the volume of data that is being processed, as well as the capabilities that we support
- Build frameworks that make it easy to build and experiment with various workflows to help clinical staff in closing critical care gaps
- Write clear and concise production code for the Stellar Health Platform.
- Provide effective and constructive feedback by reviewing others’ work.
- Deliver new features by collaborating regularly with our founding team.
- Set consistent standards for code; testing and fixing bugs throughout the process.
- Work with our founding team on defining product roadmaps, specifications, and priorities.
- Gather data insights and build models for product improvements or for internal use.
You should have:
- 7+ years of full-time software engineering experience
- Python experience (preferred) or experience with other backend languages (Java / C++ / Go) and a desire to learn.
- A strong sense of accountability; you take pride in what you build and want it to be useful for others on your team
- Front-end experience or knowledge (React / HTML / JS / CSS), a plus
Who will love this job:
- You are excited about backend engineering
- You thrive off of supporting your peers and teammates; no job is too small for you.
- You get things done and you love working in a dynamic environment; we move quickly and we need a teammate who will too.
- You love building platform-level solutions that unlock significant business value for other teams and customers.
- You understand, appreciate, and enjoy the responsibility and accountability that comes with being assigned high-level ownership over projects and their success.
- You have a knack for explaining technical processes concisely (even to non-engineers), and work well with cross-functional internal teams.
- You are looking to learn and grow, knowing that this position will involve a lot of ambiguity to deal with, with the support from the organization to help you navigate it.
At Stellar, we believe in transparency and we do our best to make sure the company and our candidates are on the same page as it relates to compensation. In addition to posting salary ranges for our open roles, candidates should expect to be asked about compensation expectations and requirements early on in their interview process. Our goal is to highlight when expectations and Stellar’s salary range may be out of sync, and work with the candidate to determine whether it makes sense to continue conversations.
We are considering candidates with differing levels of expertise for this position. Leveling will be based upon your experience and performance in the interview process.
Where a new hire falls within a range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Stellar's bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Stellar rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
The salary range for a Senior Software Engineer l is $175,000-$205,000 and will be eligible for equity and an annual performance based bonus
The salary range for a Senior Software Engineer ll is $200,000-$230,000 and will be eligible for equity and an annual performance based bonus
Stellar reserves the right to change our compensation bands at any time.
Perks & Benefits:
Stellar offers a carefully curated selection of wellness benefits and perks to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Unlimited PTO (and ask our recruiting team about the ways we make sure employees are actually taking PTO)
- Universal Paid Family Leave, with up to 21 weeks of fully paid leave available to new parents and caregivers
- Company sponsored One Medical memberships and Citibike memberships
- Medical Travel Benefits
- A monthly wellness stipend that gives employees the freedom to choose where they spend their cash, whether it be on wellness, pet care, childcare, WFH items, or charitable donations
- Stock Options & a 401k matching program
- Career development opportunities like Manager Training, coaching, and an internal mobility program
- A broad calendar of company sponsored social events that for our in-office and remote employees
Diversity is the key to our success. Stellar Health is an equal opportunity employer and we are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We believe that diverse teams -and the different identities, cultures, and life experiences our team members bring to the table- enable us to create amazing products, find creative solutions to interesting problems, and build an inclusive working environment.