Director of Product Management - Data Platform
About Stellar Health:
Historically, US Healthcare has relied on a fee-for-service reimbursement system where providers are paid based on the quantity of patient visits and procedures, rather than the quality of health outcomes.
At Stellar Health, we help primary care providers put patient health first. Our platform - a mix of technology, people, and analytics - supports providers at the point of care, delivering real-time patient information, activating practice staff, and empowering providers and care teams with incentives that reward the work they are already doing to keep patients healthy. Using the Stellar App, our web-based, point-of-care tool; practices receive a simple checklist of recommended actions that support the best quality care. Providers and care teams are then paid monthly for each action they complete, and Payors save money in reduced healthcare costs along the way.
Stellar is a US-based Health-tech backed by Top VCs (General Atlantic, Point72, & Primary Venture Partners) with an established product & proven operating model. We’ve shown that we make a real difference for physician practices and their patients.
"Stellar Health is looking for a Director of Product Management with experience leading data teams & products to join us! You will have the opportunity to own a piece of the product footprint, contribute to our Product Management culture, work directly with the senior leadership team, and partner with a world-class engineering team. Best of all, you will have the opportunity to work directly with end users to impact care for an unlimited number of patients.
You should have:
- Proven experience (8+ years) in product management, data engineering, or a related role, with at least 2 years in a leadership/management capacity.
- Demonstrated success in leading cross-functional teams and driving product development cycles from ideation to launch.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to translate market trends and customer needs into actionable product strategies.
- Strong familiarity with modern integration technologies and data management tools.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of data integration solutions that connect disparate healthcare data sources, such as claims data, electronic health records (EHR), ADT feeds, and more.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, internal operations, product marketing, and sales to ensure the expansion and scalability of our integration capabilities.
- Drive the creation and management of data pipelines, APIs, and interoperability frameworks that adhere to industry standards.
- Develop and manage a team of Data Platform Product Managers.
- Stay current with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in data integration and apply this knowledge to drive outcomes.
- Define a vision, strategy, and roadmap for the Data Platform product.
Preferred, but not required:
- Strong background in healthcare data integration and interoperability standards (FHIR, HL7, etc.).
- Technical PM experience or engineering background.
Who will love this job:
- You are obsessive about getting to know the data platform aspect of our business, understanding our current-state and future vision, and enjoy tracking industry trends and developments.
- You are known for your organizational skills and ability to quickly come up to speed on new domains.
- You get things done and you love working in a dynamic environment; we move quickly, and it creates opportunities to learn about a wide array of topics.
- You understand, appreciate and enjoy the responsibility and accountability that comes with being assigned ownership over strategic components of our product.
- You excel at collaborating with cross-functional teams and are a stellar communicator. You thrive off of being able to explain complicated concepts to teammates that are part of different disciplines.
- You are versed with healthcare technology artifacts (e.g., healthcare data models, file specifications, or healthcare code sets like ICD-10 and CPT) and love working closely with engineering teams.
At Stellar, we believe in transparency and we do our best to make sure the company and our candidates are on the same page as it relates to compensation. In addition to posting salary ranges for our open roles, candidates should expect to be asked about compensation expectations and requirements early on in their interview process. Our goal is to highlight when expectations and Stellar's salary range may be out of sync, and work with the candidate to determine whether it makes sense to continue conversations.
Where a new hire falls within this range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Stellar's bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Stellar rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
- The base salary range for a Director of Product Management is $220,000-$260,000 and will be eligible for equity and an annual performance based bonus.
Perks & Benefits:
Stellar offers a carefully curated selection of wellness benefits and perks to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Unlimited PTO (and ask our recruiting team about the ways we make sure employees are actually taking PTO)
- Universal Paid Family Leave, with up to 21 weeks of fully paid leave available to new parents and caregivers
- Company sponsored One Medical memberships and Citibike memberships
- Medical Travel Benefits
- A monthly wellness stipend that gives employees the freedom to choose where they spend their cash, whether it be on wellness, pet care, childcare, WFH items, or charitable donations
- Stock Options & a 401k matching program
- Career development opportunities like Manager Training, coaching, and an internal mobility program
- A broad calendar of company sponsored social events that for our in-office and remote employees
Diversity is the key to our success. Stellar Health is an equal opportunity employer and we are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We believe that diverse teams -and the different identities, cultures, and life experiences our team members bring to the table- enable us to create amazing products, find creative solutions to interesting problems, and build an inclusive working environment.