Director, Enterprise Sales
About Stellar Health:
Historically, US Healthcare has relied on a fee-for-service reimbursement system where providers are paid based on the quantity of patient visits and procedures, rather than the quality of health outcomes.
At Stellar Health, we help primary care providers put patient health first. Our platform - a mix of technology, people, and analytics - supports providers at the point of care, delivering real-time patient information, activating practice staff, and empowering providers and care teams with incentives that reward the work they are already doing to keep patients healthy. Using the Stellar App, our web-based, point-of-care tool; practices receive a simple checklist of recommended actions that support the best quality care. Providers and care teams are then paid monthly for each action they complete, and Payors save money in reduced healthcare costs along the way.
Stellar is a US-based Health-tech backed by Top VCs (General Atlantic, Point72, & Primary Venture Partners) with an established product & proven operating model. We’ve shown that we make a real difference for physician practices and their patients.
About the position:
The Director, Enterprise (B2B) Sales will be responsible for leading a key area of Stellar Health’s growth function: our sales to payers and risk bearing provider entities. The Director will be responsible for all sales related activities, serving in a leadership role as Stellar accelerates into our next stage of growth. The Director will be responsible for managing revenue growth and sales activities across the US.
Reporting to the VP, Enterprise Sales, this position will be responsible for directly leading and closing key business opportunities, while also coaching/mentoring other members of the team on closing their prospects. This individual will also be charged with lead generation and closing contracts, while supporting the implementation of processes and infrastructure necessary to enable the high growth environment of Stellar. Most importantly, the Director will introduce best practices as an established sales leader when it comes to the selling methodology, go-to-market strategy and channel growth across the healthcare ecosystem.
The Director will be skilled at managing the complex selling cycle of enterprise sales, as well as the healthcare ecosystem necessary to close deals. This individual will seek new client partnerships nationwide, with a focus on both payers and risk bearing provider entities. This individual will be well versed in consultative selling, but deep experience and passion for
building scalable sales processes appropriate for a high growth company. The Director will act as and be viewed as a trusted advisor to healthcare leaders, who can influence clients and key industry stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Achieve new sales targets across a diversified customer and a graphic footprint
- Have direct responsibility for increasing the customer base, top-line financial growth for the business
- Development and execution of new sales processes and workflows that improve the effectiveness and scalability of the sales team
- Directly lead and close selling opportunities
- Develop and maintain key customer relationships with target accounts
- Maintain high level of product and market knowledge
- Broker and negotiate complex contracts for health systems, ACOs, MSOs, and national and regional payer accounts
- Drive direct client sales focused on net new logos as an expert prospector, routinely establishing contacts, gaining referrals and booking appointments with target accounts
- Maintain executive relationships with client champions, business owners, and executive sponsors as the account manager, responsible for client expansions and renewals.
- Sell to senior leaders and C-level executives at National and Regional Health Plans
- Manage and prepare for key prospect sales meetings (both onsite and remote)
- Contract review and management (MSA, SOW, NDAs, BAAs, SRAs, SLAs)
- Provide meeting and conference support as required, including scheduling required executive meetings at and attend key industry trade events (e.g. Becker’s, APG, RISE, AHIP, HFMA, Blues Summit)
As the Director, Enterprise Sales you should have:
- A proven history of building strategic relationships, selling and closing complex deals within Enterprise technology sales
- A minimum of 5-10 years of senior level sales experience
- Experience selling within complex environments required
- Strong documented success as a enterprise sales executive selling SaaS-based software (in the healthcare ecosystem is required)
- Deep experience in navigating negotiations that achieve short-term and long-term objectives
- Deep experience selling and navigating the environment of national payors and large health systems
- Strong experience thriving and navigating the environment of a high growth company
- Relationship-oriented, people-centric contributor; track record of being a strong leader as well as a collaborative colleague
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving and presentation skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- High degree of personal organization, time management and ability to multi-task
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high demanding environment
- Experience and understanding of value-based care dynamics is helpful, but not required
- Ability to travel 25-30% is expected for this role
Who will love this job:
- You are passionate about healthcare, interested in working with both payors and providers to improve patient health and care delivery outcomes
-Enjoy working in a team-based environment with individual autonomy and accountability for results
-You seek for the career experience of working collaboratively with both payors and providers for the greater good of the patient
-Thrive in complex and challenging environments that deliver career accelerating experiences
-You get things done and you love working in a dynamic environment; we move quickly and we need a teammate who will too
The salary range for this role is $160,000 - $180,000 will be eligible for commission based upon attainment of personal quota. Where a new hire falls within this range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Stellar's bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Stellar rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
Stellar reserves the right to change our compensation bands at any time.
Perks & Benefits:
Stellar offers a carefully curated selection of wellness benefits and perks to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Unlimited PTO (and ask our recruiting team about the ways we make sure employees are actually taking PTO)
- Universal Paid Family Leave, with up to 21 weeks of fully paid leave available to new parents and caregivers
- Company sponsored One Medical memberships and Citibike memberships
- Medical Travel Benefits
- A monthly wellness stipend that gives employees the freedom to choose where they spend their cash, whether it be on wellness, pet care, childcare, WFH items, or charitable donations
- Stock Options & a 401k matching program
- Career development opportunities like Manager Training, coaching, and an internal mobility program
- A broad calendar of company sponsored social events that for our in-office and remote employees
Diversity is the key to our success. Stellar Health is an equal opportunity employer and we are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We believe that diverse teams -and the different identities, cultures, and life experiences our team members bring to the table- enable us to create amazing products, find creative solutions to interesting problems, and build an inclusive working environment.