Director, Network Engagement
About Stellar Health:
Historically, US Healthcare has relied on a fee-for-service reimbursement system where providers are paid based on the quantity of patient visits and procedures, rather than the quality of health outcomes.
At Stellar Health, we help primary care providers put patient health first. Our platform - a mix of technology, people, and analytics - supports providers at the point of care, delivering real-time patient information, activating practice staff, and empowering providers and care teams with incentives that reward the work they are already doing to keep patients healthy. Using the Stellar App, our web-based, point-of-care tool; practices receive a simple checklist of recommended actions that support the best quality care. Providers and care teams are then paid monthly for each action they complete, and Payors save money in reduced healthcare costs along the way.
Stellar is a US-based Health-tech backed by Top VCs (General Atlantic, Point72, & Primary Venture Partners) with an established product & proven operating model. We’ve shown that we make a real difference for physician practices and their patients.
About the position:
Stellar is looking for a Director on our Provider Network Engagement team who will help execute our go-to-market strategy for growing our national provider network. In this full-cycle sales role, you will be responsible for converting new business opportunities, including lead generation activities, retention and expansion of relationships with health systems, large medical groups, and independent primary care providers, and converting new business for the growth of Stellar’s provider network. You will play a crucial role in driving the growth and adoption of our value-based care platform in the primary care setting. You will collaborate with healthcare organizations, providers, and other stakeholders to understand their needs, demonstrate the value of our solutions, and facilitate the transition to value-based care models. Your expertise in healthcare sales and in-depth understanding of value-based care principles will be essential to your success in this role.
Reporting to the VP of Network Engagement, you will work collaboratively within the larger Growth team to strategically grow our network of large, enterprise level Provider Accounts. In this role, you will support the development of new providers and markets. This role will work closely with both external stakeholders, including provider leadership, physicians, and executive teams, as well as cross-functional internal organizations, including Strategic Operations, Provider Operations, and Product. The Director will act as and be viewed as a trusted advisor to healthcare leaders, who can influence clients and key industry stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
Support development of Provider Network & Strategy
- Lead enterprise sales efforts to large health systems, including market analysis, analyzing value-based contracts, and building relationships with local and national healthcare provider leadership
- Identify opportunities for raising awareness to support growth in a given market through conference presentations, content marketing and webinars
- Develop a deep understanding of our value-based care solution, the features, benefits, and competitive advantages. Effectively communicate these to potential clients and tailor presentations to their specific needs.
Support Provider growth activities
- Achieve new sales targets across a diversified provider and geographic footprint
- Directly lead and close selling opportunities
- Sell to senior leaders and C-level executives at large providers / health systems
- Conduct cold outreach and schedule meetings with health systems, large medical groups, and independent primary care providers
- Own preparation for Provider acquisition meetings, including gathering business intelligence on key stakeholders and organizations
- Participate in provider acquisition meetings, identify provider needs, persuade them to utilize Stellar technology and participate in VBC rewards program, and drive next steps
- Conduct compelling product demonstrations and presentations that showcase the value and benefits of our solutions. Address questions and objections while highlighting how our products can drive improved patient outcomes and cost efficiencies.
- Derive insights from VBC contracts and provide recommendations for how Stellar can drive value
- Lead scoping and contracting process (Who, What, When, Where)
- Lead provider acquisition process for select customers and markets; build relationship with relevant customer stakeholders
- Contribute to Growth’s OKRs by achieving quotas for contracted providers and onboarded lives
Support Provider management and expansion
- Onboard Providers onto the Stellar platform, in collaboration with Provider Operations
- Identify challenges facing live Providers and develop solutions and/or mitigation strategies
- Support relationship management with key Provider stakeholders
- Establish strong relationships with providers to leverage expansion opportunities
- Collaborate with Provider Operations to develop and distribute evidence-based Provider success stories
Support development and optimization of internal operations
- Generate pitch materials to communicate Stellar concepts to external audiences
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of sales activities, opportunities, and customer interactions in the CRM system. Provide regular reports and updates to the sales leadership team
As Director, Network Engagement you should have:
- A proven history of building strategic relationships, selling and closing complex deals within Enterprise technology sales
- A minimum of 5-10 years of senior level sales experience
- Experience selling within complex environments required
- Strong documented success as a enterprise sales executive selling SaaS-based software (in the healthcare ecosystem is required)
- Deep experience in navigating negotiations that achieve short-term and long-term objectives
- Deep experience selling and navigating the environment large providers and health systems
- Strong experience thriving and navigating the environment of a high growth company
- Relationship-oriented, people-centric contributor; track record of being a strong leader as well as a collaborative colleague
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving and presentation skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- High degree of personal organization, time management and ability to multi-task
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high demanding environment
- Experience and understanding of value-based care dynamics is helpful, but not required
- Ability to travel 25-30% is expected for this role
Who will love this job:
- You are passionate about healthcare, interested in working with both payors and providers to improve patient health and care delivery outcomes
-Enjoy working in a team-based environment with individual autonomy and accountability for results
-You seek for the career experience of working collaboratively with both payors and providers for the greater good of the patient
-Thrive in complex and challenging environments that deliver career accelerating experiences
-You get things done and you love working in a dynamic environment; we move quickly and we need a teammate who will too
The salary range for this role is $160,000 - $180,000 will be eligible for commission based upon attainment of personal quota. Where a new hire falls within this range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Stellar's bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Stellar rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
Stellar reserves the right to change our compensation bands at any time.
Perks & Benefits:
Stellar offers a carefully curated selection of wellness benefits and perks to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Unlimited PTO (and ask our recruiting team about the ways we make sure employees are actually taking PTO)
- Universal Paid Family Leave, with up to 21 weeks of fully paid leave available to new parents and caregivers
- Company sponsored One Medical memberships and Citibike memberships
- Medical Travel Benefits
- A monthly wellness stipend that gives employees the freedom to choose where they spend their cash, whether it be on wellness, pet care, childcare, WFH items, or charitable donations
- Stock Options & a 401k matching program
- Career development opportunities like Manager Training, coaching, and an internal mobility program
- A broad calendar of company sponsored social events that for our in-office and remote employees
Diversity is the key to our success. Stellar Health is an equal opportunity employer and we are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We believe that diverse teams -and the different identities, cultures, and life experiences our team members bring to the table- enable us to create amazing products, find creative solutions to interesting problems, and build an inclusive working environment.
At Stellar Health, your privacy and security as a job seeker is a priority no matter where you are in the interview process. As recruiting scams have become more prevalent, please take note of the following practices to ensure the legitimacy of any interaction with our team.
- Please note that any communication from our recruiters and hiring managers at Stellar Health about a job opportunity will only be made by a Stellar Health employee with an @stellar.health email address.
- Stellar Health does not utilize third-party agencies for recruitment services and does not conduct text message or chat-based interviews. Any other email addresses, agencies, or forums may be phishing scams designed to obtain your personal information.
- We will not ask you to provide personal or financial information, including, but not limited to, your social security number, online account passwords, credit card numbers, passport information, and other related banking information until we begin onboarding activities, which will be coordinated by a member of the Stellar Health People Ops Team with an @stellar.health email address.
If you are ever unsure whether you are in contact with a legitimate Stellar Health teammate, please contact email@example.com. If you believe you've been a victim of a phishing attack, please mark the communication as “spam” and immediately report it by contacting the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.