Senior ETL Developer
About Stellar Health:
Historically, US Healthcare has relied on a fee-for-service reimbursement system where providers are paid based on the quantity of patient visits and procedures, rather than the quality of health outcomes.
At Stellar Health, we help primary care providers put patient health first. Our platform - a mix of technology, people, and analytics - supports providers at the point of care, delivering real-time patient information, activating practice staff, and empowering providers and care teams with incentives that reward the work they are already doing to keep patients healthy. Using the Stellar App, our web-based, point-of-care tool; practices receive a simple checklist of recommended actions that support the best quality care. Providers and care teams are then paid monthly for each action they complete, and Payors save money in reduced healthcare costs along the way.
Stellar is a US-based Health-tech backed by Top VCs (General Atlantic, Point72, & Primary Venture Partners) with an established product & proven operating model. We’ve shown that we make a real difference for physician practices and their patients.
About the position:
Stellar Health's Technical Implementations Team is looking for an ETL Developer who has the drive to address complexity in our fast-paced, growing company! As an ETL Developer you will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of ETLs built using AWS Glue. You will evaluate and advise on best practices for building ETLs while looking for more efficient ways to extract, process and transform data.
This role will report to our Director, Implementation Data. As an ETL Developer, you will be important to the success of our customers’ performance in delivering quality value-based care. The large volume and breadth of data you will be interacting with may relate to (but not limited to) longitudinal claims, alerts to hospital admissions/discharges, high risk conditions, and medications.
You will work closely with our Data Platform and Data Integration Analyst teams to help ensure the quality of our data, identify opportunities for process improvements as our network grows exponentially, and provide analyses into opportunities to expand our data coverage to enrich our provider network’s performance.
What you’ll do:
As an ETL Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Develop, implement, and maintain ETL processes. Take client provided data, transform it using appropriate data manipulation techniques (ex. Aggregation, Cleansing, normalization, etc.), and load it into the Stellar application
- Implement data validation and data quality checks during the ETL process to ensure accuracy, consistency and completeness of the data. Identify and resolve data quality issues in collaboration with the data analysts and strategic operations teams
- Document ETL processes, data mappings, and transformations to ensure knowledge sharing
- Investigate and resolve data-related issues, troubleshoot ETL failures, and provide technical support
As an ETL Developer you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, enterprise technology integration or related field
- Several years of experience working as an ETL Developer, ETL Engineer or Data Engineer, preferably in a senior or lead capacity
- Strong proficiency in ETL tools and technologies (ex. AWS Glue) and SQL-based programming languages
- Experience with scripting languages (ex. Python) and automation tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex data-related issues
- Excellent communication skills as you will work with both technical and non-technical audiences (i.e. external partners and customers, cross-functional internal stakeholders, etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud-based data platforms (ex. AWS, Google Cloud) and big data technologies (ex. Spark, Hadoop)
Who will love this job:
- You are looking to work on high-impact projects that will directly affect our company and end users
- You get things done and you love working in a dynamic environment
- You are constantly curious and thrive off of inventing better ways to solve problems
- You are an excellent communicator with a knack for explaining complex technical processes concisely to non-technical audiences
At Stellar, we believe in transparency and we do our best to make sure the company and our candidates are on the same page as it relates to compensation. In addition to posting salary ranges for our open roles, candidates should expect to be asked about compensation expectations and requirements early on in their interview process. Our goal is to highlight when expectations and Steller's salary range may be out of sync, and work with the candidate to determine whether it makes sense to continue conversations.
Where a new hire falls within this range will be based on their individual skills and experience, and how these competencies compare across other employees in the same role. Stellar's bands are designed to allow for individual compensation growth within the role. As such, new hires typically start at the lower end of the range. Stellar rewards performance and outcomes - should you join the company, you will have the opportunity to grow your salary over time.
- The base salary range for a Senior ETL Developer l is $120,000 - $140,000 and will be eligible for equity and an annual performance based bonus.
- The base salary range for a Senior ETL Developer ll is $140,000 - $160,000 and will be eligible for equity and an annual performance based bonus.
Stellar reserves the right to change our compensation bands at any time.
Perks & Benefits:
Stellar offers a carefully curated selection of wellness benefits and perks to our employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Unlimited PTO (and ask our recruiting team about the ways we make sure employees are actually taking PTO)
- Universal Paid Family Leave, with up to 21 weeks of fully paid leave available to new parents and caregivers
- Company sponsored One Medical memberships and Citibike memberships
- Medical Travel Benefits
- A monthly wellness stipend that gives employees the freedom to choose where they spend their cash, whether it be on wellness, pet care, childcare, WFH items, or charitable donations
- Stock Options & a 401k matching program
- Career development opportunities like Manager Training, coaching, and an internal mobility program
- A broad calendar of company sponsored social events that for our in-office and remote employees
Diversity is the key to our success. Stellar Health is an equal opportunity employer and we are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We believe that diverse teams -and the different identities, cultures, and life experiences our team members bring to the table- enable us to create amazing products, find creative solutions to interesting problems, and build an inclusive working environment.
At Stellar Health, your privacy and security as a job seeker is a priority no matter where you are in the interview process. As recruiting scams have become more prevalent, please take note of the following practices to ensure the legitimacy of any interaction with our team.
- Please note that any communication from our recruiters and hiring managers at Stellar Health about a job opportunity will only be made by a Stellar Health employee with an @stellar.health email address.
- Stellar Health does not utilize third-party agencies for recruitment services and does not conduct text message or chat-based interviews. Any other email addresses, agencies, or forums may be phishing scams designed to obtain your personal information.
- We will not ask you to provide personal or financial information, including, but not limited to, your social security number, online account passwords, credit card numbers, passport information, and other related banking information until we begin onboarding activities, which will be coordinated by a member of the Stellar Health People Ops Team with an @stellar.health email address.
If you are ever unsure whether you are in contact with a legitimate Stellar Health teammate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe you've been a victim of a phishing attack, please mark the communication as “spam” and immediately report it by contacting the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.