Client Success Manager
Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Vestwell is expanding and we’re excited about adding a Client Success Manager to our client-facing team who is passionate about our mission to change the retirement FinTech space.. Ideally, you have spent 3-5 years working with advisors, sponsors, recordkeepers and/or TPAs.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
A key component of Vestwell’s mission to empower retirement savings is to make the process of running a plan easy and painless. As a Client Success Manager, you will play a pivotal role in understanding our advisors' goals and driving repeat business. Your primary objective will be to establish strong relationships with advisors, positioning yourself as an integral part of their practice and a key contributor to their success in the retirement space.
As a Client Success Manager, your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Engaging with top advisors to identify new opportunities for value creation.
- Managing a book of business consisting of advisor relationships, including maintaining and nurturing sponsor relationships.
- Managing expectations and ensuring a seamless process flow within established timeframes.
- Proactively identifying upsell and cross-sell opportunities within your division.
- Maintaining a 98% retention rate across your book of business.
- Meeting deliverable KPIs, including revenue targets.
- Leading and/or attending scheduled business reviews to provide plan status updates and health checks.
- Supporting the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive wiki and knowledge-base for your relationships.
- 3-5 years of experience in the retirement plan space, with a focus on defined contribution plans.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships with financial advisors.
- Strong commitment to delivering superior service.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across teams.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets, Word/Google Docs, Adobe Acrobat, and browsing network directories, as we operate as a paperless office.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of recordkeeping systems
- Series 7, 65, 66 license
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA) credential or higher
The expected base salary range for this position is 80-90k, plus variable. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
Attention California residents: In the course of conducting our business and complying with federal, state, and local government regulations governing such matters as employment, tax, insurance, etc., we must collect Personal Information from you. Should you accept employment with Vestwell you may view our California Privacy Rights Act here Vestwell’s California Privacy Rights Policy
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!
Something looks off?