Regional Vice President - Desert West (UT, NV, AZ, NM)
Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Our team is growing rapidly and we are looking for a Regional Sales Vice President in the geographic Desert West (UT, NV, AZ, NM) market who has successfully sold retirement plan administration and record-keeping services in the small and emerging corporate retirement plan market. You should be able to work closely with financial advisors and strategic partners to build a sales pipeline, win retirement plans, and develop strategic relationships. You should feel as comfortable on the phone cold calling prospects as you do developing deep, meaningful relationships with financial advisors.
As a FinTech firm, we take a different approach to sales than traditional incumbents. We believe that through strategic partnerships, a virtual sales approach, and teamwork, salespeople can command impressive plan sales volumes and become true partners to the advisors they work with. Expect to become an expert at demoing software, outlining our administrative capabilities, and how Vestwell’s technology works. The right hire is highly relationship oriented and transactional, with a passion to learn and grow.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
You will be the main driver for gaining distribution and converting retirement plans in your sales region. That’s the base-line. Your job also includes consistently providing leadership, deep expertise, and support to the rest of the team.
Day-to-day you will also be expected to:
- Identify and successfully convert strategic partnerships with RIA Aggregators, Broker/Dealers, TPAs, Payroll Providers, Banks, and other partners in your sales region
- Develop a retirement plan sales pipeline in your region through your key relationships and work with your internal to prospect for new clients - cold calling is a must
- Convert retirement plan opportunities into sales through a repeatable, scalable process in partnership with your internal sales
- Provide product demos and understand the retirement plan record-keeping, administration, and technology inside & out
- Build a robust process to hand-off sales to Vestwell’s implementation and client success teams to create a great client experience and generate repeat business
- Manage & deliver on your plan sales and revenue targets
- Be accountable for plan sponsor revenue generation in your region
- 3-5+ years in a B2B sales, preferably in retirement, FinTech, wealth, or a similar industry
- Intimate knowledge of how retirement plan advisors build, manage, and grow their practice
- Clear understanding and ability to articulate partnerships across multiple channels
- Consistent track record managing and leading sales regions and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to carry a plan sale over the entire sales cycle from prospecting to conversion
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for creating a top-notch selling environment and processes
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills are a must
- Experience developing and cold calling prospect lists
- Experience selling retirement plan record-keeping and administration is a very, very strong plus
- Previous coverage of the small and emerging corporate retirement plan market
- Strong understanding of what a record-keeper, TPA, and 3(16) administrator does
- Any FS certifications are a plus, eg: Series 7 and 66 or a Series 65 from a registered investment advisor, CFA, etc.
The expected salary range for this position is 90-100k, plus variable. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
Attention California residents: In the course of conducting our business and complying with federal, state, and local government regulations governing such matters as employment, tax, insurance, etc., we must collect Personal Information from you. Should you accept employment with Vestwell you may view our California Privacy Rights Act here Vestwell’s California Privacy Rights Policy
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!
Something looks off?