Plan Health Consultant
Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Day-To-Day, You Will Be Expected To:
- Support plan design changes for active plans by performing a plan health review, using as necessary dependent on type of amendment requested
- Provide detailed plan analysis and outcome modeling including profit sharing and safe harbor design comparisons
- Project manage a smooth transfer of incoming amendment requests from client-facing Team through operationalization on platform
- Perform plan amendment evaluations considering mid-year change legal requirements, protected benefit analysis, and alignment with Vestwell platform requirements
- Assess per-participant implications for amendment requests prior to plan change
- assess per-participant operationalization to assure amendment is applied correctly during operationalization
- Assess potential corrections issues on both plan and participant levels
- Support team members with process reviews, research, and documentation
- Provide live support for team members with clients and/or advisors
- Contribute to discussions with product and engineering teams to continually iterate on our technology supported design & onboarding processes
- Considerable background in defined contribution/qualified plan experience including client-facing support, design consultation, document drafting, and year-end testing
- Thorough understanding of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Department of Labor (DOL), Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations
- Expert understanding of 401(k) and Profit Sharing plans, in-depth knowledge of 403(b) plans, and experience with MEPs/PEPs/GOPs, spin-offs, mergers and acquisitions
- Keen attention to detail, deadlines, and customer service needs to support internal stakeholders and external advisors
- Collaboration with internal stakeholders and with clients to clearly communicate the process, timing & plan design considerations of new and restated plans
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to proactively managing workload
- Positive, collaborative, and proactive attitude
- Proficiency with Excel and Microsoft Office suite; Google Workspace; cloud-based client portals and internal network drives
- Experience in use of API with major plan document provider
- Understanding of plan document providers’ use of schema related to plan provisions
- Prior work experience in a technology-forward retirement organization, or experience working for a major plan document provider
- Knowledge of one or more non-discrimination testing systems (Ft William, Datair, ASC, Sungard Relius)
- Knowledge of one or more plan document drafting systems (e.g., FT William, Datair, ASC, Sungard Relius)
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA) or higher credential from ASPPA
The expected salary range for this position is 80k-90k. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
Attention California residents: In the course of conducting our business and complying with federal, state, and local government regulations governing such matters as employment, tax, insurance, etc., we must collect Personal Information from you. Should you accept employment with Vestwell you may view our California Privacy Rights Act here Vestwell’s California Privacy Rights Policy
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!
Something looks off?