Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are seeking an energetic and reliable professional to join our team Employer Services Consulting Team, as an Account Manager. Successful candidates will be responsible supporting incoming employer plan administration inquiries, change orders, and participant training requests. The Account Manager will work closely with internal Retirement Service subject matter experts to research, assess and deliver timely support to employer requests.
Our Account Managers support many of our startup plan employers who are new to sponsoring a 401(k) plan, so we are interested in hiring individuals with a commitment to customer satisfaction and an ability to make quick and accurate decisions. Those who work tirelessly through the lens of hospitality and customer service jump to the front of the line.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Leading inbound employer inquiries via email, phone, and client facing meetings.
- Managing employer plan design and training support as it pertains to:
- Features – eligibility, vesting, employer contributions etc.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Enrollment meetings
- Year-end testing
- Effectively gathering and analyzing information while using reason and good judgment to articulate client requests through detailed scoping.
- Working closely with internal plan design and plan document subject matter experts to research, assess, and complete client plan design requests.
- Providing complete/accurate responses issued with empathy and understanding of our plan design structure.
- Posting interaction within our tooling to document updates to client accounts
Satisfying quality assurance and KPI requirements
- Adhering to client facing and internal Service Level requirements
- Meeting quality control expectations through the monitoring of contact resolution
- Adhering to prioritization requirements, to meet Company goals for servicing responsiveness.
Ensuring client retention and maintenance
- Being the friendly, knowledgeable first point of contact for inbound inquiries
- Conducting appropriate and timely follow up to ensure the highest level of employer serving.
- Communicating in a relatable, humanized way to promote trust and allegiance
- College degree and/or equivalent customer service experience
- 5-7 years of retirement industry experience, preferred
- Experience in project management.
- You’re flexible, creative, team-oriented, results-driven, can effectively collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication, follow-up, and organization skills.
- Strong interest in developing retirement plan design experience through our Vestwell training program.
- Professional experience using and optimizing internal technical operational tools (e.g. Jira, Zendesk, Asana, Google Workspace), and helping others develop and employ best practices -- bonus points for deployment/build experience
- Team mentality and the ability to multitask while attending to a high volume of incoming inquiries.
The expected salary range for this position is 80k-85k with variable compensation potential. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
Attention California residents: In the course of conducting our business and complying with federal, state, and local government regulations governing such matters as employment, tax, insurance, etc., we must collect Personal Information from you. Should you accept employment with Vestwell you may view our California Privacy Rights Act here Vestwell’s California Privacy Rights Policy
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!
Something looks off?