Client Success Associate
Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
WHO IS VESTWELL STATE SAVINGS?
Vestwell State Savings (VSS) – a subsidiary of Vestwell Holdings Inc. – serves as the trusted administrator for nearly 30 programs and counting. We provide support and services for state auto-IRA, ABLE and 529 programs by employing innovative technology and a dedicated team focused solely on our clients’ needs.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Provide top quality service to state auto-IRA program administration clients. Follow procedures to mitigate risk for the Company. Meet or exceed expectations of the customer. Team player to support the management of client relationships from a servicing point of view.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Day-to-day, you will be expected to:
- Partner with your team to manage state client relationships and program administration requirements to ensure their servicing needs are being met and assist with administration issues
- Manage client expectations to avoid any disconnects with process and timing standard
- Ensure collaboration with all internal parties while communicating to clients
- Attend scheduled client conference calls to provide program status and updates on remediation of any client issues
- Being the friendly, knowledgeable first point of contact for inbound inquiries
- Conducting appropriate and timely follow up to ensure the highest level of service
- Communicating in a relatable, humanized way to promote trust and allegiance
- Creating tickets and providing follow-up as required
- Adhering to client-facing and internal Service Level requirements
- Handling complaints, troubleshooting problems, and providing solutions
- Effectively gathering and analyzing information while using reason and good judgment to solve client problems
- Researching with the Vestwell team, as needed, to resolve inbound inquiries and respond to clients within promised deadlines
- Providing complete/accurate responses issued with empathy and understanding
- Posting interaction within our tooling to document updates to client accounts
- Team mentality and the ability to multitask while attending to a high volume of incoming inquiries
- 1-3 years of experience including client service and retirement related.
- Develop and maintain a strong business partnership relationships
- Strong time management skills to ensure the timeliness of all proactive and reactive communications
- Strong commitment to superior customer service
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Proficiency is required with Excel/Google Sheets, Word/Google Docs, Adobe Acrobat, and browsing network directories as - we are a paperless office
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, proficient with numbers and basic calculations
- Strong understanding of what a record-keeper, TPA, and 3(16) administrator does
- Experience selling retirement plan record-keeping and administration is a very, very strong plus
- Previous coverage of the small and emerging corporate retirement plan market
- Any FS certifications are a plus, eg: Series 7 and 66 or Series 65 from a registered investment advisor, CFA, Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA) credential, etc.
The expected salary range for this position is 65k-85k. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
Attention California residents: In the course of conducting our business and complying with federal, state, and local government regulations governing such matters as employment, tax, insurance, etc., we must collect Personal Information from you. Should you accept employment with Vestwell you may view our California Privacy Rights Act here Vestwell’s California Privacy Rights Policy
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!
Something looks off?