Vice President of National Accounts and Advisory Enterprise Sales
Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
Who are we looking for?
The Vestwell team is growing and we’re excited to bring onboard a VP, National Accounts and Advisory Enterprise Sales who will play an integral role in how we reach our revenue targets. You will be responsible for outreach to advisory firms in your territory, closing plans and partnerships with these groups. You will also be responsible for building out partnerships in the payroll channel to drive retirement plan sales.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated team player who possesses a positive “can do” attitude, a high degree of attention to detail, professionalism, and drive in order to undertake the wide latitude of responsibilities inherent with a rapidly growing company.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
At its core, you will contribute to the quality of our client’s end-to-end experience by providing vital support to the growing sales team at Vestwell.
Day-to-day you will also be expected to:
- Drive enterprise sales and strategy efforts overseeing specific Advisory segments (firm scope includes wealth managers, broker dealers, banks and corporate RIAs) in pursuit of enterprise CARR and National Account partnerships. This role will focus specifically on Supra/Regional Banks, IBDs, Corporate RIAs, and may expand over time.
- Responsible for achieving CARR and plan volume goals associated with Advisory, Payroll and National Accounts. As the commercial owner, responsible for enablement pre-deal and post-deal sales with Enterprise RM, Sales Enablement, and National Sales working closely with the Partner Success and Enterprise Relationship Management team.
- Manage and create marketing strategies and resources, own marketing budget associated with National Account and Enterprise clients.
- Collaborate cross-functionally on complex client requirements, both pre-deal and post deal.
- Ability to build lead complex deals working internally to bring Vestwell to the client
- Ability to manage multiple projects and relationships to drive long-term prospect goals
- Ability to influence C-suite executives
- A deep network in wealth management and retirement
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity and overall comfort using various software platforms (i.e MS Office and CRM databases)
- Hyper-effective organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong customer and commercial-focused philosophy
- Ability to work within a team to achieve common goals
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency
- A highly motivated, self-starter who thrives on going fast and who can iterate rapidly
- Articulate, concise, eloquent communication skills to be the voice outwardly and inwardly
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with a wide range of personalities, roles, and teams
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work both independently and on a team
The expected salary range for this position is 120-160k, plus variable. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
Attention California residents: In the course of conducting our business and complying with federal, state, and local government regulations governing such matters as employment, tax, insurance, etc., we must collect Personal Information from you. Should you accept employment with Vestwell you may view our California Privacy Rights Act here Vestwell’s California Privacy Rights Policy
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!
Something looks off?