Events Marketing Manager
Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Events Marketing Manager to own and execute our event strategy. This role will be an integral part of the marketing team and will report to the Director of Communications. The successful candidate must have a passion for event planning and is thrilled about the opportunity to help shape the future of a fast-growing, fast-paced company.
What will you be doing?
- Work with the Director of Communications and others on the marketing team to define and execute the events strategy across 50+ annual initiatives including regional and national conference sponsorships and company-hosted events.
- Plan and coordinate the calendar of events to support sales, people operations, and executive teams.
- Own events logistics including ongoing relationship management with venues, vendors, and suppliers as well as inventory and shipment management of all company materials and swag in relation to events.
- Help establish compelling metrics and reporting mechanisms to determine ROI.
- 3-5 years of event management experience, preferably in financial services
- Capable of working collaboratively across multiple teams
- Experience building event marketing strategies and the ability to execute both intimate events and national conference sponsorships seamlessly
- Experience managing third-party vendors
- Self-starter who is extremely organized, detail-oriented strategic, and an outside-of-the-box thinker
- Critical and strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to solve complex problems in a unique or innovative way
- Ability to work autonomously, focusing on key outcomes amidst competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Highly self-motivated, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented
- Ability to travel as necessary
The expected salary range for this position is $90K - $95K. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!