VP, Workplace Solution Sales
Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
What will you be doing?
- Drive sales and go-to-market efforts for workplace savings programs related to student loan repayment, college savings programs, emergency savings, and other auxiliary benefits
- Partner with enterprises across a variety of channels: financial institutions, advisory firms (broker/dealers, RIAs), HRIS/payroll, benefits, among others
- Develop a sales pipeline and sell deals into workplaces, ranging from SMB segment to Fortune 1000 segment
- Train existing sales and relationship teams to cross-sell workplace solutions to existing partners/clients
- Responsible for achieving sales goals for the workplace solution product set
- Grow and oversee a high-performing team of account executives
- Partner cross-functionally to develop a winning go-to-market
- Excellent communication skills across internal stakeholders and demanding external partner groups
- B2B sales experience in the SMB, middle-market, and enterprise segments
- Enterprise or channel partnership experience, preferably in FinServ, FinTech, or HRtech
- Strong experience leading complex deals and a multi-channel sales pipeline
- Prefer (but not require) experience overseeing B2B account executives
- A deep network in wellness, wealth management, retirement, and payroll/benefits
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity and overall comfort using various software platforms (i.e MS Office and CRM databases)
- Hyper-effective organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong customer and commercial-focused philosophy
- Ability to work within a team to achieve common goals
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency
- A highly motivated, self-starter who thrives on going fast and who can iterate rapidly
- Articulate, concise, eloquent communication skills to be the voice outwardly and inwardly
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with a wide range of personalities, roles, and teams
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work both independently and on a team
The expected salary range for this position is 90-160k, plus variable. Please note: This is a non-exempt position. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
Attention California residents: In the course of conducting our business and complying with federal, state, and local government regulations governing such matters as employment, tax, insurance, etc., we must collect Personal Information from you. Should you accept employment with Vestwell you may view our California Privacy Rights Act here Vestwell’s California Privacy Rights Policy
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!