Senior Marketing Associate
Who Are We?
There are over 30M small businesses in the United States, but only a tiny fraction of them have a workplace savings program in place. As the savings gap in the country widens, it’s imperative that every worker has access to and participates in their company’s savings program, such as a 401(k) or 403(b). We believe that American workers should have easy access to an inexpensive, flexible, and intuitive solution to save for a brighter future.
Unfortunately, prior to Vestwell, small businesses have been neglected and underserved, with expensive, inflexible, poorly designed offerings built on old, mainframe software. Vestwell is changing that, starting with rebuilding the core infrastructure for the modern era.
Vestwell’s north star is to be the engine behind a $30T industry, powering all payroll-deducted workplace savings programs for small-to-midsize businesses, such as 401(k), 403(b), IRA, emergency savings accounts (ESA), health savings accounts (HSA), 529 college savings, and alike.
Vestwell’s focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of their financial services partners with the help of payroll provider partners. The team at Vestwell makes the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, workplace providers are able to bestow the advice and solution employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution designed for their needs without all the headaches, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading FinTech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-year old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we are working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
Who are we looking for?
We are growing and looking for a Senior Marketing Associate to manage and contribute to ongoing strategic efforts for our State Retirement Savings programs, also known as State Automatic IRAs. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support marketing efforts to promote both employer registration in state retirement savings programs and saver engagement with their individual retirement accounts (IRAs). You’ll work closely with state clients and internal teams to identify new distribution channels and corresponding outreach strategies. If you’ve got a background in financial services or health services, we’d be delighted to connect with you!
What will you be doing?
- Manage marketing campaigns and business as usual communication needs that drive engagement with employers and savers in our State Automatic IRA programs.
- Support marketing strategy and lead status calls with state clients
- Manage external vendor relationships and engage with internal creative resources
- Collaborate with internal and state outreach staff to drive strategic and measurable engagement activities
- Work with Product and Relationship Management to support communication plans for major feature launches
- Maintain reporting of campaign metrics and marketing budgets
- Ability to support West Coast business hours, as needed
- 3-5 years of marketing experience
- Capable of working collaboratively across multiple organizations
- Self-starter who is extremely organized, detail oriented strategic, and a creative thinker
- Strong organizational, analytical, and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills with Office suite, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to travel 15%
- An understanding of retirement savings products and related marketing
- Experience with multi-lingual marketing campaign development
- Understanding and knowledge of Google Analytics, SEO, Heap Analytics
The expected salary range for this position is 75-85k. Please note that salary bands are based on NY and other similar metro areas and may differ based on where the role is ultimately hired.
Attention California residents: In the course of conducting our business and complying with federal, state, and local government regulations governing such matters as employment, tax, insurance, etc., we must collect Personal Information from you. Should you accept employment with Vestwell you may view our California Privacy Rights Act here Vestwell’s California Privacy Rights Policy
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and in addition to a dedicated Employee Wellbeing Committee, we offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We have adopted a remote-hybrid office policy, but all employees are welcome at our bright, comfortable office with many workspace options in midtown Manhattan so everyone has a setting that is the most productive for them. We provide our team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks!) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!