Senior Data Analyst
Wunderkind (formerly BounceX)
The Analytics Team at Wunderkind is looking for a talented data analyst dedicated to supporting the rapid growth of our sends (email and text) product suite.
The Data Analytics Manager is a key player within the Analytics team, with heavy focus on the integrity and performance of our data and products. Collaborating closely with our Director of Sends Analytics, you will contribute significantly to the delivery of impactful products and enhancements that will set Wunderkind up for long-term success.
The ideal candidate is someone who is an experienced problem-solver; our analytics team takes great pride in our ability to empower people and products with meaningful data and insights. You should have comfort addressing ambiguities and supplying answers with keen product intuition. A business mindset is crucial, as you will be responsible for translating complex data requirements into meaningful and actionable data stories. Additionally, previous experience utilizing data to inform product-level strategies is highly desirable.
To thrive in this role, be invested in the success of the product. Data should be your passion - accessing, wrangling, and summarizing is a breeze for you. Your findings are always clear and actionable. You ask great questions and love automating solutions. You pursue opportunities to push more value.
You will have daily opportunities to grow and flex your skills as you collaborate with product, business, and engineering teams. In return, there's an incredible amount you will learn here, and you’d work with one of the largest user behavior datasets in existence.
*This is a hybrid role based in New York City*
- Collaborate cross-functionally to translate priority business needs into analytics needs
- Equip clients, stakeholders, and partners with answers to key questions related to your domain
- Reduce complexity and simplify abstract data concepts for our audiences
- Perform rigorous audits of our existing data to ensure reporting validity
- Create and maintain alerts (Looker) to monitor product health and data integrity
- Proactively identify analytical opportunities to unlock revenue for our clients
- Preemptively identify knowledge gaps and reduce ambiguity within sends data
- Reduce redundant manual tasks using tools like Looker and Airflow
- Invest in company-wide data empowerment through Looker dashboards, documentation, and education
- Manage relationships with stakeholders to measure and improve long-term efficacy and adoption of text product features
- 2+ years of experience in a data analytics (1+ years with relevant industry experience)
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and develop insights from complex data structures
- Some business intelligence background with emphasis on modeling and dashboarding (Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Intermediate SQL skills and some knowledge in basic foundational statistics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience presenting data across various stakeholders and/or clients
- Strong product intuition and good business acumen
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements
- Ability to distill abstract concepts into simplified data requirements
- Comfort balancing urgent ad-hoc data needs while tracking longer-term projects
- Eagerness to learn and develop skill-base and industry knowledge
On the fence? Apply anyway! We know that imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting incredible candidates, and don’t want it to get in the way of meeting you!
Learn More About Our Company, Culture and 5 Core Values:
DRIVE UNDENIABLE PERFORMANCE:
- Wunderkind is a leading performance marketing engine that delivers tailored experiences at scale
- Digital businesses use Wunderkind to remember who users are better than ever before, allowing them to deliver high-performing, one-to-one messages on websites, through emails and texts, and in ads at a scale that’s not otherwise possible.
- Driving $1.2 billion dollars annually in revenue for top eComm brands including Hugo Boss, Cole Hann, Fender, Bed Bath & Beyond, Gucci and more
- Incredible growth and promotion opportunities for top performing employees whether it be a leadership track or building out your own unique specialities
CARRY EACH OTHER:
- Unwavering commitment to culture, community, office events, and DEI initiatives
- Fully stocked snacks, beverages, and weekly sandwich bar or catered lunch
- Exceptional management training programs and internal opportunities for 1:1 coaching
- Company support and flexibility through all professional, personal, political, and world news and development
- Generous work life balance with 20 days PTO, 1 floating holiday, 14 National Holiday closures, Summer Fridays, 2 weeks of Newly-Wed PTO, Maternity & Paternity leave offerings
RESPECT PEOPLE, PRIVACY, IDEAS:
- Proud to be an equal opportunity and safe workplace
- Strongly committed to equal employment opportunities for all races, colors, ancestries, national origins, marital statuses, age, citizenship, disabilities, genders or gender identities, or Veteran status
The base salary range for this role is $82,000 to $105,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each specific candidate; including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, applicable certifications, and geographic work location. This may vary depending on living location and market rate.