Director of Data Science
Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 11,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Director of Data Science
Alma is seeking a mission-driven Director of Data Science to head an exceptional data science and product analytics team. In this role, you will expand, mentor and lead a high-impact team of data scientists and product analysts who work closely with product and engineering to shape how all things product analytics, data science and AI contribute to Alma’s product and company strategy. As part of the leading enablement platform for behavioral health providers in the US, you will have unique access to one of the largest data sets available to truly redefine how mental health care is accessed and delivered. Your superpowers are in the ability to translate business opportunities into data science and machine learning projects, and to set team best practices in developing data-driven experimentation, actionable analytics insights and innovative machine learning models that increase our product and operational effectiveness.
What you’ll do:
- Be the "go to" data science partner for the senior leadership team
- Advance Alma's data science and AI capabilities and impact; integrating innovative solutions and techniques (machine learning products, data-driven cost efficiencies, analytics optimizations and testing), providing thought leadership to drive business value, and cultivating close partnerships with a broad range of leaders across all areas of the business
- Lead and grow our high-impact product analytics and data science team
Who you are
- Master or PhD in a quantitative field (e.g., statistics, economics, computer science, data science)
- 8+ years IC experience with relevant data science and ML projects
- 4+ years of experience managing and growing data science teams and individuals
- Strong ability to establish and drive how data science, machine learning and product analytics advance product strategy and company objectives.
- Experience with analyzing large datasets to derive insights and efficiencies.
- Experience collaborating with machine learning engineering to develop AI-based products and platform automations that advance behavioral healthcare.
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
Salary Band: $215,000 - $245,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.