Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 19,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Alma is seeking a mission-driven Accounting Manager to join our growing Accounting team. Reporting to our Director of Accounting, and working closely with the full finance and accounting teams, you will collaborate across the entire organization and play a critical role on the accounting operations side, overseeing accounts receivable and payables, our Travel and Expenses (T&E) and corporate card programs, our cross-functional relationship with other departments, and more. In addition, you will assist with journal entries and operations related to commissions, payroll, and payments to providers on our platform. The ideal candidate will manage at least one direct report from day one, has strong operational accounting skills and has demonstrated success in a hyper-growth, fast paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee operational accounting processes, including Accounts Payable & Provider Payments, T&E & Corporate Credit Card program, Commissions, day to day cross functional collaboration with other departments.
- Oversee monthly closing of financial records and posting month-end information in accordance with US GAAP; ensure the completeness and accuracy for accounts payable, payroll.
- Define meaningful team-wide KPIs; develop dashboards and analytics to measure and improve performance.
- Manage at least one Staff Accountant and aid in their professional development.
- Partner with several departments on projects and cross functional communication, resolve issues that arise, and improve and make processes more efficient.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures, ensure they are in accordance with GAAP and ensure day to day compliance.
- Partner with FP&A team to identify and resolve variances, provide analysis of financial results.
- Other ad-hoc projects as required
Who you are:
- You have 5-7 years of in-house public accounting experience
- You have 2+ years of people management experience; and enjoy mentoring a team with a focus on supporting their growth
- You have advanced Excel skills and experience with ERP systems, we use Netsuite
- You have experience implementing accounting and financial practices, reports, and system audits
- You have a professional demeanor and can-do attitude
- You are a strong project manager with excellent analytical and organizational skills
- You are detail-oriented, able to work according to schedules and work plans, are not afraid to ask questions and request help as needed
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
Salary Band: $105,000-$130,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.