Copywriter (no longer accepting applications)
Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 20,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022 and 2023.
We’re looking for a Copywriter to join our growing Creative team. This role will concept, write, proofread, and edit copy across the organization, with a focus on email, paid advertising, and lifecycle marketing.
The ideal candidate is interested in the mental health care space and passionate about inclusive, accessible language. If you enjoy transforming complex ideas into something human and digestible, we’d love to talk. This role will report to the Senior Copywriter and partner closely on creative projects that support both of Alma’s primary audiences — providers looking to grow thriving private practices and people seeking high-quality, affordable care.
What you’ll do:
- Write, review, and edit copy across channels and audiences — providers, clients, insurance payers, and businesses
- Work directly with cross-functional stakeholders to understand their messaging needs and produce copy that connects with the desired audience
- Partner with designers to produce educational resources, performance marketing ads, sales collateral, and other assets
- Collaborate with a team of marketers and creatives from concept to final deliverable
- Partner with the Senior Copywriter on the growth and evolution of Alma’s brand voice and tone
- Support larger-scale brand campaigns to differentiate Alma from our competitors and improve awareness within our target audience segments
Who you are:
- You have 2-4 years of copywriting experience
- You have exceptional writing, editing, and research skills
- You can follow and apply brand voice and tone guidelines
- You are eager to interpret and navigate layered feedback while maintaining a clear point of view
- You are interested in the mental health care space, and excited to actively support providers and the clients they serve
- You’re comfortable working both collaboratively and independently, and enjoy finding creative solutions to new challenges
- You value accuracy and have a strong attention to detail
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
Salary Band: $80,000 - $105,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.