Senior Copywriting Consultant
Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems.
More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all. Since most financial institutions rely on traditional credit scoring to assess risk, that means these people can't access affordable financial products. Instead, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which ultimately push them into deeper cycles of debt.
Pinwheel provides an API platform that makes it easy to connect payroll accounts like ADP and Gusto to any app. By unlocking the wealth of identity, income, and employment data that sits in these systems, alongside direct access to paychecks, we can help innovators build the next generation of financial products that increase access for the underserved while improving the businesses of our partner fintechs, banks, and lenders.
Who are we looking for?
As a B2B marketer, you have a customer-centric approach, are data driven, and have a love for crafting multidimensional customer experiences from content to events. The ideal candidate will be passionate about business selling, have a strong understanding of b2b marketing best practices, be an experienced copywriter, and have a bias for action while we test and learn into a scalable GTM.
What will you be doing?
As the Marketing Associate, you will play a critical role in driving growth for Pinwheel. You will work on go-to-market strategies, customer acquisition campaigns, and client engagement activities in partnership with the marketing and commercial teams.
- Develop deep knowledge of our and our customers’ business. Be a powerful storyteller with customer empathy, motivations, and pain points.
- Activate our corporate story on social, with content partners, and together with our PR agency
- Evaluate, negotiate, and manage partners for sponsorships, event activations, client entertainment, and gifting
- Collaborate closely with sales on Account Based Marketing, ensuring full visibility and alignment with sales pipeline
- Partner closely with Pinwheel HR on Employer Brand and employee activations
- Manage annual marketing plan and budget, reporting periodically to our Executive Team
What experience, skills, and qualifications are necessary?
- 1-3 years of experience in a B2B marketing role - financial services or tech preferred
- Highly collaborative with experience partnering with sales and product organizations
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Marketing or English
- Exceptional communication skills; professional grade copywriter & proofreader
- Working knowledge of event marketing
- Experience managing social platforms and content posted, especially on LinkedIn
- Self starter comfortable working in a hybrid office environment if located in New York City
Why join Pinwheel?
Best Time to Join - We are small but well-funded, meaning you get the upside of starting on the bottom floor with minimal risk.
Be a Cultural Founder - You will have an active hand in molding our culture and being a part of the growth journey.
Build Something Revolutionary - Help build the consumer data infrastructure of the future.
- Great compensation & equity packages
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life & short-term disability insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid parental leave
- 401K for retirement planning
- Mentorship opportunities
- Free Citibike membership
- Pet friendly offices and Zoom spaces
At Pinwheel, total compensation is made up of salary + equity + benefits. We recruit motivated and high performing talent, and work to compensate people in line with the value they can bring to the organization in delivering outsized results. The talent market is competitive, and maintaining our ability to recruit and retain the best team possible is a top priority for Pinwheel. When creating an offer, we consider interview performance, candidate experience, external market competitiveness, and internal equity in thoughtfully assessing compensation. The expected cash salary range for this role is $70,000 - $85,000.
Diversity & Inclusion at Pinwheel
At Pinwheel, we are committed to building an environment that is diverse and inclusive. We believe that having people across different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives enables us not only to build the best financial products, but to help us realize the best versions of ourselves. Pinwheel is an equal opportunity employer, and we aim to be an open and supportive place to work.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, Pinwheel requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as permitted under applicable law.