Sales Development Representative
Pinwheel - Building a fairer financial system by unlocking API access to payroll systems.
More than half of Americans have a poor credit score or no score at all. Since most financial institutions rely on traditional credit scoring to assess risk, that means these people can't access affordable financial products. Instead, they resort to high-interest credit cards, payday loans, and trigger overdraft fees to make ends meet — which ultimately push them into deeper cycles of debt.
Pinwheel provides an API platform that makes it easy to connect payroll accounts like ADP and Gusto to any app. By unlocking the wealth of identity, income and employment data that sits in these systems, alongside direct access to paychecks, we can help innovators build the next generation of financial products that increase access for the underserved while improving the businesses of our partner fintechs, banks, and lenders.
Who are we looking for?
As a Sales Development Representative, you'll forge the path to finding new clients and prospect new customers for us to target. We are looking for extraordinary sales professionals with SaaS selling experience, who can demonstrate the added value of Pinwheel and what impact it can have on FinTech and non-FinTech alike. In this role you will be responsible for organizational mapping, prospecting individuals, driving engagement, setting opportunities for AEs, taking qualification calls, and nurturing early opportunities. The ideal candidate is customer centric, resilient, challenges the status quo, and has an interest in advancing their career in tech sales.
What will you be doing?
- Acting as a key member of the Pinwheel Sales Team, supporting several Account Executives hunting new business
- Identifying prospects and building pipeline through outbound outreach to Startup and Established Fintech organizations
- Helping new prospects get started with Pinwheel and answering questions about our products
- Identifying the most promising verticals to help drive increased revenue opportunity
What experience, skills, and qualifications are necessary?
- 2+ years of experience in pipeline development and/or sales (preferably at SaaS company)
- Leading high-level conversations with business stakeholders
- The ability to communicate Pinwheel’s value proposition in order to assess buying interest
- The ability to thrive in a high customer volume, time-sensitive environment
- Having a relentless mindset and unwillingness to quit
- Proficiency in using Salesforce.com or other CRM
- Experience working with customers and explaining technical products
- Interest in financial services and technical products; a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build processes and tools as needed
- Desire to get (more) technical and the ability to learn the ins and outs of Pinwheel’s API
Why join Pinwheel?
- Excellent compensation & equity packages
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life & short-term disability insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Paid parental leave
- 401K for retirement planning
- Mentorship opportunities
- Free Citibike membership
- Pet-friendly offices and Zoom spaces
At Pinwheel, total compensation is made up of salary + equity + benefits. We recruit motivated and high performing talent, and work to compensate people in line with the value they can bring to the organization in delivering outsized results. The talent market is competitive, and maintaining our ability to recruit and retain the best team possible is a top priority for Pinwheel. When creating an offer, we consider interview performance, candidate experience, external market competitiveness, and internal equity in thoughtfully assessing compensation. The expected cash salary range for this role is $55,000 - $65,000 base, plus variable compensation (OTE) and uncapped commission.
Diversity & Inclusion at Pinwheel
The success of our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion relies on continuous, immersive learning and dialogue within our entire team. All employees of Pinwheel are expected to demonstrate behaviors of equity, advocacy, activism, inclusion, and anti-racism in the workplace.