Senior DevOps Engineer
Ilir Sela started Slice with the belief that local pizzerias deserve all of the advantages of major franchises without compromising their independence. Starting with his family’s pizzerias, we now empower over tens of thousands of restaurants with the technology, services, and collective power that owners need to better serve their digitally minded customers and build lasting businesses. We’re growing and adding more talent to help fulfil this valuable mission. That’s where you come in.
The Challenge to Solve
Continue to provide Slice a best-in-class platform with industry-unrivalled performance and availability in support of millions of orders while empowering Slicers to build, test & deploy our apps easily, safely and quickly.
You will work with an experienced and skilled team of Engineers, where you will be responsible for standardising and optimising deployment pipelines to make deployments fast and error-free. You will help keep our infrastructure under control with Terraform, develop automation tools, while also ensuring high availability and reliability of the Slice platform.
You’ll work with a team of skilled infrastructure engineers daily, partnering with the Data, Security, QA, and Product Engineers to troubleshoot production issues, ensuring our systems are stable, monitored and secure. You’ll provide input and guidance on our platform, mentor junior engineers, and research solutions to scaling issues. With several optimisation projects a head, you will have the opportunity to lead in their implementation with a high degree of autonomy. This role reports to the Sr. Director of DevOps Engineering.
The Winning Recipe
We’re looking for creative, driven, entrepreneurial engineers who are excited to build world-class infrastructure and scale in small businesses. These are the core competencies this role calls for:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a DevOps role.
- Strong experience with cloud infrastructure and services, primarily AWS.
- Experience with cloud-based CI/CD pipelines and automation tools such as Github Actions or Gitlab pipelines.
- Strong knowledge of configuration management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, or Chef.
- Experience with containerisation and orchestration using tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex issues in a production environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work in a cross-functional team.
Working at Slice comes with a comprehensive set of benefits, but here are some of the unexpected highlights:
- Access to medical, dental, and vision plans
- Flexible working hours
- Generous time off policies
- £200 per annum employee wellbeing allowance
- Market leading maternity and paternity schemes
- Discounts for local pizzerias (of course)
The Hiring Process
Here’s what we expect the hiring process for this role to be, should all go well with your candidacy. This entire process is expected to take 1-3 weeks to complete and you’d be expected to start on a specific date.
- 30 minute introductory meeting
- 30-45 minute hiring manager meeting (he’s sometimes chatty)
- 60 minute technical interview
- 45 minute team interview
Pizza brings people together. Slice is no different. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and embrace a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.
Something looks off?