Director, Consumer Growth
Ilir Sela started Slice with the belief that local pizzerias deserve all of the advantages of major franchises without compromising their independence. Starting with his family’s pizzerias, we now empower over tens of thousands of restaurants with the technology, services, and collective power that owners need to better serve their digitally minded customers and build lasting businesses. We’re growing and adding more talent to help fulfill this valuable mission. That’s where you come in.
The Challenge to Solve
Apply proven digital-first growth strategies (eg Google, Meta, etc) in parallel with more experimental activations (eg, shop partner activations, live events, contests, sponsored content, discounts, OOH, emerging digital channels, etc) to 1) increase Slice app downloads, and 2) increase Slice re-orders.
The Director, Consumer Growth plays a critical role in growing order volume through the Slice app. You will manage our current Growth Marketing Manager (responsible for our digital advertising efforts), as well as build a team to test new channels, strategies, and activations aimed at the end consumers. This is a highly visible role, with an opportunity to add both immediate and long-term impact. You will report into the VP of Marketing.
- Manage day-to-day execution of Slice's B2C digital advertising efforts, including ideation of ad creative, mapping the customer journey, and strategizing retargeting.
- Build and manage a 3-5 person team to help execute your B2C marketing strategic vision.
- Analyze and interpret results of marketing campaigns and identify areas for improvement and optimization.
- Partner with the B2B marketing team to create a shop onboarding experience that encourages shops to transition their customers to the Slice app.
- Define, monitor, and measure all relevant KPIs and design reporting dashboards.
Your team will include up to five associates responsible for the day-to-day execution of all marketing efforts, working remotely and in-person at our offices in New York City, Belfast, Macedonia, and / or remotely.
The Winning Recipe
These are the core competencies this role calls for:
- 8+ years of experience in a tactical and strategic consumer marketing role
- 3+ years experience in digital ad buying across Google and/or Meta
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player mentality
- Exceptional oral and written presentation and communication skills
- Results-driven mentality
- A "roll up your sleeves" mentality
- Willingness to go the extra mile
These qualifications are nice to have:
- Experience working with influencers/content creators
- Experience managing live events
- Experience in marketing delivery apps like Uber Eats, DoorDash, etc
- Experience testing new digital ad platforms (eg, TikTok, Reddit)
Working at Slice comes with a comprehensive set of benefits, but here are some of the unexpected highlights:
- Flexible PTO
- Market leading medical, vision and dental insurance
- 401K matching up to 4%
- Monthly wellness reimbursement/stipend
- Weekly pizza stipend (Yes, that’s a thing!)
Salary Range: $175k - $200k yearly + benefits.
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
The Hiring Process
Here’s what we expect the hiring process for this role to be, should all go well with your candidacy. This entire process is expected to take 3-4 weeks to complete and you’d be expected to start on a specific date.
- 30 minute introductory meeting with recruiter
- 3 30 min meetings with VP of Marketing, VP of Creative, Director of B2B Marketing
- 45 min presentation and mock pitch
Pizza brings people together. Slice is no different. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and embrace a diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.